Michael Davey to Visit "Connected Britain 2018"

Earlier News

Posted by GregChapman GregChapman

Connected Britain Conference
BB4ER are delighted to thank Total Telecomm for providing a complimentary pass that will enable our Technical Consultant, Michael Davey, to visit "Connected Britain 2018". The event is claimed to be the premier meeting place for all the main stakeholders in the country's digital future, including telcos, national and local government, investors, the property sector, infrastructure owners and others.

Michael Davey Michael Davey
BB4ER Technical Consultant

Total Telecomm, the conference organisers, describe a number of themes being covered by a range of speakers, including:

• All the latest developments in the UK’s digital economy including cloud services, workplace transformation, digital skills, tech hubs and how the UK can truly realise the benefits of the digital revolution

• Explore the progress in deployment of FTTx, FTTH, LTE and 5G networks in the UK covering infrastructure build, the road to full-fibre, 5G progress and network architectures, investment models and more

• Take a glimpse at the the UK’s connected future exploring how emerging technologies like 5G, the IoT, SDN and NFV are revolutionising the communications industry, enabling the 4th Industrial Revolution, building smart cities and intelligent transport systems, and more

• Explore how enhanced connectivity can deliver socio-economic benefits to the whole of the UK, encompassing digital healthcare and education, digital inclusion and communities, rural access, and broadband for SMEs

Michael Davey said "I'm looking forward to being able to talk to a number of vendors, who have stands at the event, such as Icotera, Genexis, the Kenton Group and various FTTH back office systems suppliers. They all provide products and services that will help us to develop the service we plan to deliver.

Lesley Marsden Group Treasurer said, "We're still a small group reliant on grants so this offer from Total Telecomm, which saves us £195, is extremely welcome. Michael will have the opportunity to speak to a variety of suppliers in one place, so it doesn't just save us money but a lot of time and effort as well."

Find out more about Connected Britain 2018.