The Summer issue of "RoundUp", the biggest issue yet, should be arriving in your letterbox very soon. It includes a four page article on the BB4ER campaign.
The article outlines some of the research done by the BB4ER group and includes a summary of the survey results. This had a remarkably high 44% response rate. Some of the statistics featured include:
- 64% surveyed are disappointed with their Broadband service.
- Stability of internet connection is a problem especially between 6pm and 10pm when most of the household is online.
- 45% surveyed run a business from the home/premises.
Of those 63% have a connection speed less than 5Mbps, 24% less than 2Mbps & 12% less than 1Mbps.
- 55% surveyed work from home at some time during the day/evening.
Of those 34% have a connection speed of less than 5Mbps , 11% less than 2Mbps.
- Even though 36% of the village has been upgraded only 1.8% are delighted with their service.
- Of those surveyed:
- 95% View web pages daily
- 96% Send e-mails daily
- 98% Shop on-line
- 76% Post on Social Sites (Facebook, Nextdoor, etc)
- 44% Stream media daily - Catch-up TV the most popular